Featured Shop: JulieBsJewels


Thank you so very much, Julie, for taking the time to answer a few questions about your etsy business: http://JulieBsJewels.etsy.com

Please take a moment to visit this great shop!

Q. How did you hear about Etsy?
A. Well, I think the first time I heard about Etsy, I was at a bead store in PA. I thought it was a really cool way to sell handcrafted items. I did not believe how much competition there was in jewelry.

Q. What made you decide to sell on Etsy?
A. I decided to sell on Etsy because I wanted to get my jewelry out there. Even though it is competitive, it is really great exposure! I have put a lot of work into my Etsy site.

Q. How did you originally get into a jewelry business?
A. I originally got into making jewelry thanks to my husband. I spent almost 10 years working on helicopters in the Army. Once I got out of the military, I missed working with my hands. My husband, James, said I needed a hobby. So I started out beading. In August of last year, my dad passed away. With my husband being active duty military, it was just my two daughters and I to head back to PA from WI to settle the estate. After about 3 months of day in and day out of dealing with estate stuff, I realized I need some sort of creative outlet. So I stopped in a local bead store. I was then off and running. Then one day, the owner said to me, "Julie why not try our dichroic glass class?" $65 later, I was hooked. So I shifted from beading to dichroic glass jewelry.

Q. What motivates and inspires you to create?
A. I would have to say I am inspired to create by my children, I have 4 girls and 1 boy. Some days it is difficult to get inspired. I have learned the hard way when working with glass and wire, if you are really not feeling inspired, don't bother!

Q. What are your interests outside of etsy?
A. My interests outside of Etsy are spending time with friends and family. Going back to school to finish my Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies. I like watching some TV like Law & Order, SVU, White Collar, Royal Pains, Ghost Hunters and Dancing With the Stars!

Thank you very much, Julie, for this wonderful interview!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts