Featured Shop: Jolinne


Thank you so very much, Meytal, for taking the time to answer a few questions about your etsy business: http://jolinne.etsy.com

I love featuring artists :-) Please take a moment to visit this great shop! You will find art prints, bookmarks, postcards and more. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Q. How did you hear about Etsy?

A. I found Etsy while traveling with my boyfriend in USA last April. We met with a friend of my boyfriend, whose wife asked us about our jobs. I told her about my day job and mentioned I love painting so much that I would love painting to be my only job :) She became interested with my art and after seeing it via her IPhone she was filled with enthusiasm and told me I could definitely sell it worldwide. She was kind enough to email me with a list of potential worldwide handmade websites, one of them was Etsy.

Q. What made you decide to sell on Etsy?

A. Etsy looked like a well established website, selling soooo many beautiful handmade art work. The fees weren't very high and I liked reading Etsy's articles and the forums.

Q3. How did you originally get into graphic design, art and illustration business?
A. I started painting as soon as I could hold a pencil in my hands... At the age of 10 I developed my skills with a private teacher for 8 years. I painted in almost every colors available - pencils, ink, water colors, acrylic, oil and more. In the past few years I developed my own skills also in computer graphics.

Q. What motivates and inspires you to create?

A. I just love painting sooo much that I don't really need a motivation, I just need more free time :) My "Jolinne" creations are mostly inspired by little girls and their imaginary world, every day life, emotions, nature and music. Jolinne is much like me when I was younger: happy, shy, naïve, always imagining, creating a world full of colors and fantasies in her (my) mind.

Q. Who is your favorite artist and why?
A. I really like Salvador Dali's paintings which are full of colors and imaginary world.

Q. What is your best advice for new Etsy sellers?
A. My advice is limited to the short time I'm selling on Etsy. But I think it would be that you have to love what you do. Create from your heart and soul, and do what you do best, make more of your items and keep reading, learning new things and promoting!

Thank you very much, Meytal, for this wonderful interview!

Comments

Popular Posts