Featured Shop: Serrelynda's Enchantment


Thank you very much, Serrelynda for taking the time to answer a few questions about your etsy business: Serrelynda.etsy.com. I am very happy and honored to feature your shop! Please visit Serrelynda's shop to see more BEAUTIFUL and UNIQUE Jewelry.

Q. How did you hear about Etsy?
A. I was actually shopping for supplies thru google search engine. I still shop for supplies on Etsy!

Q. What made you decide to sell on Etsy?
A. I knew immediately that I was going to become a seller after reading the information on how to become a seller. I had tried renting a space in an art and antique mall, craft shows, consignment, special order-type work, and none of it was quite right for me. Etsy has been the perfect venue.

Q. How did you originally get into Unique Jewelry of Oxidized Metals and which materials do you use to create your pieces?
A. Experimentation! I have always been more drawn to less shiny, more subdued pieces. I want to make pieces that I would enjoy wearing, so I finally found some ways to make different metals have patinas that aren’t shiny and new, mostly through heat oxidation. I have been collecting unusual odds and ends for years, and am now working on putting them to good use in my creations. I use brass and silver plated brass, vintage components, along with new items that only look ancient. My designs have definitely evolved through the years.

Q. What motivates and inspires you to create?
A. Inspiration comes from mythology, nature, legends, bygone eras, beautiful art work, and other lovely things I see. My motivation comes whenever I sell a piece. Also, I am in awe of all the talented Etsians, as I browse the shops, it motivates me to be even better at what I do. I plan to take metal smithing classes and learn lost wax casting so I can take my designs to the next level. (I have to wait until my girl starts kindergarten, though).

Q. What are your interests outside making jewelry and etsy?
A. I love to read many different types of fiction, I love walking my dog at the beach, and being the best mommy I can be to my 4 year old.

Q. What is your best advice for new Etsy sellers?
A. Do it because you love it. Don’t get discouraged. Good photographs are everything. Renew often. Make sure you know what your competition is up to.

Thank you very much, Serrelynda.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts