Featured Shop: JunkerJane

I am very happy and honored to feature this fantastic shop on my blog: JunkerJane! Catherine's creations are very unique and original! In her shop, you will find art and crafts from recycled goods! I hope you enjoy this feature!
http://JunkerJane.etsy.com


Q. How did you hear about Etsy?
A. About 4 years ago I discovered the online craft world. Creators like WeeWonderfuls and LoobyLu and so from their links I discovered other crafters. It's about that time Etsy began and I knew it since back then but I didn't actually start selling until a year and a half ago.

Q. What made you decide to sell on Etsy?

A. I've always been creative and have made things. When I saw handmade softies for the first time I was so excited! I had never thought about softies at all. I remember the bunnies and monsters people were making standing out to me. I was inspired to make a bunny of my own, which came out terrible!! I had never used a sewing machine before! It was a real mess! Haha. After some trial and errors I figured out how to make a decent but primitive softie. After I made my first monster I was hooked!! My monsters have really evolved.

Q. How did you originally get into recycled arts and crafts?
A. Well, I have always loved yard saling etc because my mom was always going to them and junk shops, too. I just like old things. I have a lot of junk around :) I may have heard of softies made from recycled bits, i can't remember, but since i love junk already it was an easy choice. But because I also go with inspiration I sometimes use new fabrics as well. But I am definitly more inspired by found items and found clothing.

Q. What motivates and inspires you to create?
A. Honestly, I just have to create! Someone once commented on my blog that they wished they had my drive, it made me laugh because I am one of the most unmotivated people I know! I replied it wasn't exactly drive but possession! The ideas just come, day and night! It's great but also terrible because it distracts me constantly and since I have kids and a house to clean....well it's just not a good mix! haha.

Q. What is your best advice for new Etsy sellers?
A. Advice for new Etsy sellers? Hmm....well for sure make what you love! I am really just a creator and have no real business sense, lol, my husband is the one who is always informing me of things like using the right tag words, re-posting at the most beneficial times...that kinda boring thing, haha. But I really have to say that creating a blog, flickr, facebook, etc will really help your work get noticed. I can't stress that enough. Even finding other crafters and commenting on their creations. It's all about links! I have found amazing inspiring crafters just by going from link to link. Your name must be out there for people to discover you. Besides it's lots of fun, interacting with other artists! You will find it's an encouraging support group environment :)

Thank you very much, Catherine!

Comments

Popular Posts