Featured Shop: nova design



Thank you very much Tess for taking the time to answer a few questions about your etsy business: nova design
http://novadesigns.etsy.com

Q. How did you hear about Etsy?
A. I actually found Etsy by accident. I was browsing Craigslist looking for something and I clicked on a listing that had a link to Etsy... I followed the link and I was sold! I hate to say that I can't remember who had posted on Craigslist cause it would have been nice to be able to send them a convo to say thank you!

Q. What made you decide to sell on Etsy?
A. I was at a point where my daily full time job was sucking all my energy and I felt that my creativity was getting lost in all the time consuming everyday stuff. Getting a little slice of the Etsy pie was like reclaiming my life. I finally had a little breathing hole again.

Q. How did you originally get into handmade jewelry?
A. Ever since I was a little girl I've made jewelry. My mother is a very talented artist and I used to sell my polymer clay necklaces at her art shows!

Q. What motivates and inspires you to create?
A. My mother has always been my biggest inspiration. She was a single mother raising 3 children while still holding on to her dreams of being an artist. She is the strongest most amazing woman I know. And I owe her a lot.

Q. Which materials do you use to create your modern jewelry?
A. I am very eclectic when it comes to my material. I am definitely not a metal smith snob. I work a lot with silver, copper and brass but I don't shy away from throwing in some vintage plastic, glass, polymer clay or even fabric into the mix. I get bored easily and I like to challenge myself.

Q. What is your best advice for new Etsy sellers?
A. Work as hard on your photos as you do on your actual product. When you sell online the photos ARE your products. They need to represent your items in the best possibly way so your buyer can feel confident knowing what they're getting!

Thank you very much, Tess.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts